The Challenge Of Obtaining Effective Cybersecurity
If you host data or services on behalf of your clients or customers, SOC 2 is in your future. If that data includes PHI, PII, or PCI you also have to contend with HiTrust and/or PCI-DSS. If your clients include public sector entities such as state or federal agencies, add in NIST CSF.
Cybersecurity is a looming concern whether your organization is a Global 2000, Fortune 500, or Small-to-Midsize Enterprise. No matter the size of the organization, the Cybersecurity team must ward off threats posed by malicious outsiders, malicious insiders, or careless employees and vendors.
Adding to the challenge, organizations must also be able to demonstrate ongoing compliance with cybersecurity standards. Non-compliance can pose an existential threat to the business, especially for organizations in regulated industries. Too often, Cybersecurity leaders and teams are underfunded, overburdened, and pulled in too many directions to be effective.
Our Solution: Compliance or Certification Readiness Assessment
We have developed security assessment services that can be tailored to any number of regulatory regimes, including:
The goal of the exercise is to rapidly prepare your organization for the certification regimes that are relevant to your organization.
We recognize that most organizations suffer from audit- and assessment-fatigue, so our approach is designed to be as lightweight as possible. We do this by coordinating and facilitating a series of rapid exercises that are augmented with well-designed instruments that we have developed over many engagements. Depending on the size of the organization, the number of locations, and availability of resources, we can typically complete the exercises in two-to-four weeks.
Benefits of a Cybersecurity Readiness Assessment
At the conclusion of the engagement, we provide your organization with:
- The best chance at passing certification exams or audits
- An understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, organized and cross-referenced by the security topics or families of the compliance regimes relevant to your business
- A risk-informed action plan with clear instructions on where to focus in the next 30-60-90 days
- Clearly articulated success criteria for each action in the plan so your Cybersecurity leadership and team members know exactly when each action has been successfully completed
- Leave-behind instruments for continuous self-assessment and improvement