The Challenge: Aging Identity Infrastructures
The mass shift to remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis has accelerated the push to move to cloud services. Becoming a “digital business” is no longer just a competitive opportunity, it’s a matter of survival.
The emerging digital business runs on cloud services, APIs, and digital relationships. However, many organizations’ premise-based identity infrastructures are costly, clunky, or bursting at the seams. These infrastructures may comprise aging premise-based provisioning products, directories, or custom access management tools built in-house years ago. They don’t work seamlessly with microservices-based production applications from agile development teams, and they lack the scalability or flexibility to interact with consumers, customers, partners, and suppliers using hundreds of cloud-based applications.
Our Solution: Cloud Identity Strategy & Architecture
We can develop a Cloud Identity Strategy for your organization through engagement that:
- Rapidly reviews the business drivers, existing identity infrastructure, enterprise applications, and core platform infrastructure.
- Collects top pain points from business and IT stakeholders.
- Identifies required use cases for in-scope user populations, such as employees and contractors, consumers, customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Develops a Cloud Identity Alternatives workshop targeted to your stakeholders, summarizing requirements, and suggesting 2 to 3 alternative solutions.
- Collects feedback on Cloud Identity Alternatives.
- Delivers Cloud Identity Strategy Presentation
Alternatives can include combinations of on-premise, cloud-architected, or cloud-based directory services, identity governance and administration (IGA) services, and privileged access management (PAM) services. We identify where components from leading vendors such as Microsoft, AWS, Oracle, Okta, Ping Identity, SailPoint, SavyInt, ForgeRock, CyberArk, and others could be combined to provide alternative solutions and explain the advantage and disadvantages of best 2 or 3 combinations for your enterprise context.
The goal is to rapidly generate a Cloud Identity Strategy that will prepare your organization for the changes required to support consumers, customers, partners, and suppliers using hundreds of cloud-based applications while meeting regulatory requirements. Depending on the size of the organization, the number of locations, and availability of resources we can typically complete discovery, analysis, workshops, and a final presentation in four to eight weeks.
Benefits: Cloud Identity Adoption & Improved Digital Relationships
At the conclusion of the engagement, we provide your organization with:
- A better-shared stakeholder understanding of your overall IAM infrastructure and the cloud identity landscape.
- Team consensus on the advantages and disadvantages of alternative cloud identity approaches.
- A strategy and solution shortlist tailored to enable the organization to thrive in the cloud identity environment.
- Enhanced ability to deliver improved digital relationships through confident cloud adoption with improving operational effectiveness, reduced risk, and regulatory compliance.
Is the time is right for your organization to adopt cloud identity, and what is the right strategy or solution?